Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'M OUT OF A JOB (EXCEPT STAMPIN' UP! THAT IS)!!!

Firstly I have to say "thank you" to so many of my fabulous customers, downline, and friends who have been contacting me worrying that I might be one of those affected by the restructuring at Yellow Pages - I was very touched that you thought of me!

I have to say that yes, I have been made redundant, but I have to tell you the story of last week so that you understand how FABULOUS this is ...

Monday I went into my boss's office (still sick with the flu) and told him that I had to give my notice as I just couldn't keep working full-time, doing Stampin' Up basically full-time, and now with Harry (my hubby) working I am also having to do things around the house that he has been covering for us up until now. I have been getting run-down and hence was sick as a dog. Anyway, my boss basically told me that he didn't want to hear it and that I should just wait a couple of days ... I thought that was a little weird, huh??

Anyway, Wednesday we were all called into the boss's office with him and his boss and were officially told that there was some restructuring and that one of the admins would have to either move to another office or take redundancy!!! I managed to stop myself from dancing on the table, but I think there was a little smirk on my face anyway ...

So now I have 9 more days of work before I get paid to leave Yellow Pages to go and "work" (I don't think you can call it work when it's this much fun?) Stampin' Up! full time!!! I am so excited I'm just about busting.

Watch out world, very shortly I'll have another 32 hours each week to create all sorts of havoc with ...

No comments: