Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SUMMER IS HERE!!

mt egmontI'm so sorry for all of you in countries where you are going into winter right now, but we have had 2 absolutely beautiful days of sunshine and it finally feels like summer is really coming any minute ...

Since our mountain is a little shy and doesn't stay out of the clouds for too long at a time (it was already covered over again just 2 hours after I took this picture), I wanted to share a photo that I took from our letterbox this morning at 8:30 as I was getting ready to drop the boys to school. Sorry about the power lines, but that's what happens on a residential street ... I'll have to take some really nice ones right by the mountain where there aren't lots of houses and power lines around one day!

When Harry and I first met in London and I tried to explain to him that I had lived at the bottom of Mt Egmont when I lived in New Plymouth, he thought I meant I had lived literally on the mountain and nicknamed me Heidi! Ahhhh, the American sense of humour ...

Anyway, it's almost midnight and I need to get some sleep. I will be waking up to this view out my bedroom window in the morning - isn't that just awesome!!

No comments: