Saturday, November 22, 2008

CUTE AS A BUG!

cute as a bug scrapbook layout

This is a layout that I did in a workshop today.  As I normally do, I started with my designer paper for colour inspiration and then pulled the colours from the paper for the rest of the layout colour scheme.  Don't you LOVE the fact that all our designer papers are also in the same 48 exclusive colours that everything else is??  If you are "colour challenged" like I can be a lot of the time, it makes your life sooooo much easier ...

I used the markers (which are only available individually for just a few more days) directly on the bug stamp to colour him in the same Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise as my cardstock.  I really wanted to add some bling and put some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the dragonflys, but I ran out of time, so you will just have to just pretend that they are lovely and sparkly!

If it looks a little crooked, it's because this isn't actually stuck together, this was just all the pieces laid together to see how it looked before I took it to my workshop to actually put it together and show the lovely ladies how easy it was to do.  Now I just have to make myself a similar page (my hostess got to keep the original), put some photos and journalling on it, and then it's ready to go in an album.

Have a fabulous day!!!
Sharlene

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

ADORABLE LO!!! Love the soft colors, the color blocking and those cute dragonflies!