Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SEE WHAT I MEAN??

Those of you who have been to workshops or classes with me, know that I'm always telling you how important a really good quality cardstock is to stamp on, well how about this for a visual reminder ...

I accidentally picked up a piece of white card that I use for printing through my printer on. While it's almost as heavy in weight as the Stampin' Up! Whisper White card, and not a cheap cardstock to buy, I couldn't figure out what the problem was when I stamped on it thinking it was Whisper White and it wouldn't stamp properly! Now I'm not too bright sometimes, but it didn't take too long to figure out the problem ... it wasn't stamping nicely because it wasn't Whisper White!

These are the two photos that I took of the images that I stamped - one on Whisper White, and one on a non Stampin' Up! 160g/m2 card. I inked and stamped both images exactly the same way, but look at the difference in image quality.

Non SU White


This photo is the non Stampin' Up cardstock.

 

 

 

 

 

stampin up WW image


This photo is the Stampin' Up Whisper White.

Can you see the difference? Which image would you rather have??

 



When you spend a lot of your time creating beautiful cards, don't let your cardstock let you down when it doesn't give you really wonderful, crisp images. You invest a lot of your heart and time into a card when you make it for someone special, so make sure it's just right by stamping on Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock for the best results.

No comments: