Saturday, August 30, 2008

IN THE LION'S DEN ...

Okay, promise this will be my last pictures from incentive trip, but this was the best thing we did on trip!  I would have put the pictures up earlier, but I've had a sick boy at home all week and haven't had a chance to update my blog.

 

lions table

lion

 

The last night of incentive trip we were taken to have dinner at a Safari park (hopefully not to BE dinner!).  It was the coolest thing!  As you can see from the first photo, we were literally sitting eating our dinner just a couple of feet from the lions.  I'm not sure that sitting eating steak and chicken just a few feet in front of a lion is such a clever idea, but boy was it awesome!

The second photo I took by just sticking the lens of my camera through one of the holes in the fence without a zoom even (thinking back now, that probably wasn't the cleverest idea I've ever had either, but hey "everyone else was doing it"!)  There were 4 large males on one side of us and then another 20 or so females and younger males on the other side.  It sure kept things interesting during dinner hearing them roar back and forth all around us! 

IMG_7284

Although they look like big cuddly kitties, you wouldn't have found me climbing in with them ...

No comments: