Tuesday, May 20, 2008

RETURNING TO THE 1940's

IMG_6575 copyI have had this picture of my Grandparents when they were dating back in the 1940s for a while, and kept meaning to scrapbook it, but for some reason it just never seemed to happen.  Well this past weekend I was showing the "girls" how to colour black and white photos with Stampin' Pastels and used this photo to demonstrate.  Well since I was already half way there, I finished up the rest of the page last night. 

 

Although it's one of the simplest pages I have done, I really like it.  I think the simplicity of it helps captures the feel of a simpler era when women wore hats and high heels and men wore a suit when they went on a date.  How different it is from today ...

 

The flowers and pearls are from the Pretties kit (the flowers were coloured with aqua pen and watercolour crayons), and the stamp the large stamp from the awesome Baroque Motif set.

No comments: