Friday, February 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Blake!!

We celebrated our nephew's birthday today.  What a beautiful day to be turning the big 10!!  Happy Birthday Blake, I hope you have a wonderful day playing with your friends ...

 

IMG_5240 copyThis is the card that I came up with this morning (I know, another last minute one!).  I normally have a hard time with kids cards, but I really like how this one turned out.

 

Stamps:  Wild About You, It's Your Birthday, Paisley, and Flannel Plaid (can't see it in the photo, but trust me it's on the Mustard background!)

Cardstock:  Night of Navy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White.

Inks:  Night of Navy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip

Accessories:  Googlie eyes, Dimensionals, SU white gel pen

 

I cut out the lion's head and popped it up so that he has a different coloured mane than his body and face, which looks so much better in real life.

 

Are you wondering how I got that cute Paisley pattern on the elephant?  It's called kissing and it's super easy.  Ask me how if you haven't been to our basic technique class and learned how to do this one.

No comments: