Tuesday, June 01, 2010

SO SAD, CONVENTION IS OVER …

Hi everyone,

I’m finally back from my trip.  It seems like forever since convention as after convention in Sydney I then got to spend 5 days in Surfers Paradise with my Mum and sisters (lots of shopping with Michelle!), and after getting back late Thursday night, was off again Friday morning to Palmerston North for the Women’s Expo there.  So I’m glad to finally be home with my wonderful family again (even the cat missed me, he wants to sit on my lap every time I sit down right now ..)

Convention was amazing, and there were lots of announcements - the biggest being a fabulous customer promotion for those of you who have been thinking about signing up!  What about 20% off the starter kit – how does that sound?  I’ll be sending out details shortly and ringing some of you who have said you might be interested in joining our Stampin’ Up! family before.

You know how often I have told you how amazing my team is?  Well convention just reiterated how blessed I am to have my incredible team!!!  While awards and accolades are fabulous, the things that really are important are the relationships that we build with one another and the way we treat others and I was once again so proud of my team as I heard often from other NZ and Aussie demos how friendly and sharing my team is – that just made me as proud as I could be!!  Each and every member of my team is very special to me and I am so proud of each of you!

Of course one of the special parts of convention is the awards night banquet where we get to acknowledge those demonstrators who have done exceptionally well in areas such as sales, recruiting, and leadership.  I’m so excited to say that our team took out great numbers of awards in every category – 2 out of 3 places in almost every category!  How amazing is my team!   

I was very blessed to be awarded First Place in the Leadership category again for promotions in my team.  It’s always so exciting for me to see “my girls” succeeding in their businesses that it almost seems a bit of a cheat to get an award, but I am thankful for it just the same …

Girls convention awards
Here are Helen, Donna, and I with our roses (you get a rose with the awards you place in the top 3 demonstrators for each category).  As well as roses we also received lots of fabulous free stamp sets from the catalogue that starts September 1st (aren’t you jealous!!).  I also received a Burberry handbag and necklace in different categories as well – I was blown away by it all!!

I am thrilled to be able to say that our team took out 4 of the top 6 places in the Demonstrator of the Year category as well!!  Congratulations ladies, you totally deserve it after all the hard work that you have put in over the past year.
     2nd – me
     3rd – Donna
     4th – Helen
     6th – Angela

I will have more photos to share soon, including some of the amazing swaps that I received from the talented demos that were there, but right now I need to continue getting ready for Dunkleys Craft Show this weekend.  If you are in New Plymouth this long weekend, drop by and say “hi”.

torressiggy

1 comment:

Jacqui J Creative Today said...

Hi Sharlene, welcome back. What fabulous news about you and your team and the awards, well done. How nice to have recognition for doing something you LOVE! I think the cominbation of your passion/talent, love for stamping and business skills along with good customer service are key to your success, the awards speak for themselves!
I will be popping by Dunkley's craft fair so I will be sure to visit your stall!