Tuesday, December 08, 2009

DON’T WORRY MUM, I’VE GOT IT UNDER CONTROL …

Parker (my 6 year old son) came home from school today with a tomato plant.  He was so excited and kept talking about having tomato sandwiches when it was “grown up”.   He told me all about what they had been told to do with the plant – “you have to plant it, and water it, and put a stick beside it so that it doesn’t fall over”. 

Well obviously I didn’t plant it fast enough, because the next thing I knew there was a small pile of dirt on the concrete beside the garden.  When I asked Parker what he had done he said that he had planted the tomato plant for me …  when I went to see this is what I saw.

parkers planting

He had dug the hole and “planted” it, and even remembered to put the stake in, but I guess his teacher forgot to mention the bit about taking the plant out of the pot before you plant it??

Isn’t he just too cute?!

torressiggy

No comments: