Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mum ...

IMG_5446 copySo I sat down last night to make a birthday card for my Mum who is turning 21ish tomorrow (Happy Birthday Mum!). As you can tell from this card, I got a little side-tracked on the way.

This obviously doesn't look anything like a birthday card for a Mother now does it? But doesn't it remind you of all those ugly wide ties that Dad used to wear back in the 70s? Hideous, but kind of nice in a 'remembering Dad' kind of way ... anyway sometimes you just have to go with the creative flow, don't you??

I did end up making a really cute card for Mum as well (that doesn't look at all like a man's shirt). I will post that one tomorrow night after I have given it to her, just in case she's hanging out here looking at my blog and trying to get a sneak peak before the proper time ...

No comments: