Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FAUX METAL EMBELLISHMENTS

If you know me, then you know how much I love my HodgePodge kits, but what if there was a cheaper way of creating that same amazing metal look? Well there is! (I bet you didn't see that coming ...)


You will need:
* Chipboard accent (I have used a frame from the Chipboard Accents kit here). At $24.95 for 95 pieces, this is an awesome deal.
* Versamark
* Metallic embossing powder (I used gold)
* Sanding block or sand paper

Before you begin you will want to use your sanding block or sand paper to take any rough edges off your chipboard piece, this will ensure the smoothest possible finish when everything is complete, so spend some time working on this.

When everything is smooth, apply a good layer of Versamark ink (don't be afraid to really squish that pad down onto your chipboard piece!)

Apply metallic embossing powder over top of the Versamark ink.

Don't worry about pouring it liberally onto your chipboard, we will be pouring the excess back into the container to use again another day ...

You will need to repeat the Versamark and embossing powder steps 3 or even 4 times to get a really nice smooth finish (each layer will be a little smoother and more even).

Well it's 11pm now, and way past my bedtime, so you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out what I'm going to create using this little cutie ... Night night!!

No comments: